Cindi Mack-Ernsdorff is a Master's Level & Licensed Mental Health, & Marriage and Family therapist, who also has also serves in the capacity as a Licensed chemical dependency therapist. Because of her status as an Internationally Certified Clinical Traumatologist, is also a member of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress, and recognized and noted as a Certified International Specialist for Early Childhood Trauma.
Additionally, Cindi is also Domestically Certified as an Early Childhood Trauma and Attachment Disorder Specialist. Ms. MackErnsdorff is an involved therapist with the International Green Cross Organization as well.
Ms. Ernsdorff can personally understand and work with both the family and the children that have been prenatally affected by alcohol, and has facilitated multiple workshops on the subject of fetal Alcohol Syndrome/Effects for families,professionals and for the general population.
Ms. Mack-Ernsdorff is a certified and registered Clinical Hypnotherapist as well.
Cindi has both substantial personal experience in Children and Family Services, and has served as the secretary/& substitute use chair to the local LICWAC. As a parent, & fostering parent herself, Cindi has extensive education & empathy as well as experience working with multiple diagnosis' and trauma, and both understands and works well with multi-cultural families.
SERVICES: INDIVIDUAL AND COUPLE THERAPY, FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
For adults and Teens with problems related to:
- Depression - Relationships
- Anxiety - Marital Conflict
- Stress - ADD/HD (Child, Teens, Adult)
- Grief - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
-Adoption and Foster Care issues - Couple's Work
- Substantial number years of experience as a Master's Level and Licensed Mental Health counselor, and therapist.
- Master's Level and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Certified Specialist in Early Childhood Trauma, Attachment Disorder
- Internationally Certified Clinical Traumatologist
- Served in the capacity of a Licensed Chemical Dependency Professional at NYFS for 11 years.
- Work experience in a variety of clinical and educational settings including community service agencies, public school systems, and private practice.
- Licensed Foster Parent for DSHS, Native American Unit for thirty-two years to 2014 to over 470 children and Teens
- ·Biological, Adoptive, and Step-Parent to ten “personal” children
- Special Pop. Consultant: Native American Culture
Credentialing and training:
· M.A. in Behavioral Sciences; System’s Counseling from Bastyr University
· B.A.; University of Washington
Rehab. counseling; Edmonds Community College
Case Management; Edmonds Community College
· Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist # LF00002676
· Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor #LH00009947
· Licensed Chemical Dependency Professional #CP00006138
· Licensed Care-Taker, WA State
Certified Specialist in Early Childhood Trauma and Attachment Disorder
Internationally Certified Clinical Traumatology & Early Childhood Trauma
Attachment Disorder Foster and Adoption issues, all phases
ADHD; Child, Teen, and Adult Early childhood trauma
Adoption Foster Care
Parenting Special Needs children issues 7 the impact that Special needs in/on the Family Unit
- All populations, including children & their parent(s)/Guardian(s), Teens, adults and their
Areas of Expertise
- Cindi Utilizes many eclectic forms of therapeutic interventions as each situation is different, including Rogerian, Narrative, and Trauma-Focused Tri-phasic therapeutic processes;
- Mental health and family issues
- Specializing and Certified in Early Childhood Trauma and Attachment Disorder(s), Adoption,. and Foster Care
- ·General Children and Family Services and Therapy and Therapeutic interventions
- Co-occurring Disorders specialty
Abuse/Neglect Cross-cultural issues & Adoptions Parenting Issues
ADD/ADHD (Child, Teens, Adults)
Depression/ Mood Disorders Sexual Abuse/Assault
Adoptions/Foster Care Divorce Issues related to therapy Stress Management
Anxiety Families/Blended Families Childhood Trauma
Children FAS/FAE Women’s Issues
Grief and Loss Chemical Dependency Co-Dependency
Family or Origin/ACOA Life Transition Adjustment Disorder
Single Parenting Personal Experiences @ Special Needs Self-Esteem Issues
Adolescent Issues Abuse/Neglect Issues(Child, Teen, and Adult)
Families who have fostered or adopted or who have children who have experienced traumatic events--including special needs that come with either trauma, alcohol and/or drug use in the womb, or from other forms of genetic contributors, often need extra help with navigating family life. Since she has experienced these personally in her family, and because she has chosen to specialize in this arena, Cindi reaches out to help families and people in general at building healthy attachments, dealing with trauma, and to process grief and loss. This is accomplished through:
- Listening with care and kindness; Providing you an authentic relationship to model from for growth
- Teaching therapeutic parenting techniques
- Treating trauma with compassion and understanding
- Teaching behavior management
- Offering Cognitive-Behavioral and other creative solutions, and
- Uncovering and helping with the fears that might lie just beneath the angry and/or acting-out behavior(s)
The health insurance climate is changing. While some of the changes will benefit many people, as a professional, Ms. Mack-Ernsdorff is concerned about how other changes will affect the quality and confidentiality of our work together as well as the confidentiality of your paperwork that she is required to maintain. Because of these concerns, and as of October 10, 2014, Ms.Mack-Ernsdorff will be ending most all of her contractual relationships with insurance companies, with the exceptions being that she will continue to serve Blue Cross Blue Shield, Premera, and Regence insurance clients. According to the newer rules re HIPAA, the insurance companies no longer need to have permission from the client for them to request their files. Says CPH, a liability company,
"The HIPAA Privacy Rule gave health plans and self-insured employers regulatory permission to obtain information without client consent for billing and health care related matters. The Amended HIPAA Privacy Rule expanded the uses for which these entities are authorized to obtain, use and disclose protected health information (PHI) without client consent to include the following:
- Due diligence in connection with the sale or transfer of assets;
- Certain types of marketing;
- Business planning and development;
- Business management and general administrative activities; and
- Underwriting, premium rating and other activities relating to the creation, renewal or replacement of a contract of health insurance. Section 164.501"
While this may sound pretty scary to some, let me assure you that most to all insurance companies do allow "OUT OF NETWORK" benefits for their customers, so in most cases where you do decide to pay "out of pocket" you will not be expected to bear 100% of the costs for your treatment yourself. To assist with your reimbursement claim, Cindi will provide you with an invoice that you will need to submit your claims to your insurance company for reimbursement. If you are considering submitting electronic claims, Value Options and Aetna are the only two insurance companies that I am aware of that do not allow electronic claims for this purpose.
Some Questions to Ask your Insurance provider(s):
- What are my 'Out of Network" benefits? What is the allowed rate for a 90791 (intake session)? For 98034 (45minute therapu session)? For a 908347 (55 minute session)?
- Do my out-of-network visits have a different deductible than my in-network visits?
- What is the process for submitting my claims for reimbursement? Can I FAX these, or should I mail them through the postal services? Does your insurance company accept claims to be submitted electronically?
- How long can I wait to submit my claim(s)? Once my claim has been submitted, what is the usual 'turn around' time period?
Ms. Mack-Ernsdorff will accept fee payment by cash, checks, or credit cards (Masters Card, Visa. or Discover) or HSA credit card. Sliding Scale may be considered in certain, special situation(s). ALL payment(s) are due at the beginning of your time of services, without exception.
Although I understand that life circumstances can be traumatic to us sometimes, I believe that with empathic, understanding, and trained helpers, that all people have the ability to change and/or adapt to their situation & to their life--past, present, and future. I believe that we are all comprehensive, and that we carry many levels of ‘self’-- spiritual, physical, emotional, and intellectual- all that interact and effect one another, and that while our life experiences have shaped both who we are currently, as well as shaped our believes about who and how we are and prescient in the world, that these are not static consistencies and they can be changed with help. I believe that we all can achieve happiness, and that each of us hold our own key to change, but that sometimes we need a Professional to help us to uncover that 'key.' I believe that we can learn from one another, and that each and every one of my clients has the right to expect unconditional regard as valid, able-beings who deserve nothing less than happiness and fulfillment.
* Ms. Mack-Ernsdotrff does employ a mini labradoodle as her 'co-therapist' in the office. Research has validated that interactions with animals can reduce our stress levels and increase our sense of well-being. Anxiety melts away & our blood pressure and heart rates often drop when we stroke our cat or play with a dog. Animals create enormous motivation in people of all ages and can be an intregal component in treatments and educational programs.